Monday, August 22, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...the sun was shining so nicely when I first got up this morning. It is now turning cloudy...might even rain later. Hopefully I can get the laundry hung and dry before that.

I am thinking...about everything that needs to get done today....cleaning, laundry, packages that need mailing, and more.

I am thankful...for a good night sleep. I actually made it to bed by 10 and read till 10:30. Made it a little bit easier to get up at 6. :)

From the learning rooms...GOTTA get planning this week! Can't believe August is almost over! Yikes!

In the kitchen...eggs and toast and watermelon for breakfast. Maybe the girls and I will do some baking this week. Might have to try making some more vanilla wafers with this recipe. They are sooo yummy!

I am wearing...a denim skirt and plum colored t-shirt

I am creating...potholders for my mom and working on putting together a housewarming basket for when our friends move next door in September. So excited for that!

I am going...to the post office today.

I am wondering...how much I can get done before the girls wake up. They went to bed late so hopefully they'll sleep a little later.

I am reading...From my Bible I read some Psalms this morning. LOVE Psalms! And still reading Lark Rise to Candleford. Also on my ipod I am reading through 31 Days to Clean.

I am hoping...that I can finish the bunk bed this week. I am so excited to get it in the house and set up for the girls!

I am looking forward to...a date with my hubby before the month runs out. We try to go out once a month for a date night, but also try to have date nights at home too.

I am hearing...the washer, a typical Monday morning sound. :)

Around the house...everyone is still sleeping. I am just puttering around getting some things done before everyone gets up.

I am pondering...what I read in my devotions this morning from Psalm 139, about how we are fearfully and wonderfully made! God has a unique plan and purpose for each of us and we should not compare ourselves to worldly standards.

One of my favorite things...getting up early to go running. I never thought I would enjoy it that much, and I am not a serious runner or anything, but it is so refreshing and gets me going for the day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: working on the bunk bed, a trip to the library, Tuesday dinner with friends.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Ellie is so happy about the new bed!

Join Simple Woman's Daybook here.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy an early morning walk...when I can force myself up by 5:30

    ReplyDelete