Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ta Da!

Well, here it is...the first post from the Little House in Hillsboro. It is just a regular day. Nothing much happening. But I've been itching to get this blog started, so figured I'd just write about what is going on even if it is mundane and normal. As usual I got up at 5...well, okay 5:10. (I have a bad habit of hitting the snooze button atleast twice when the alarm goes off. I am not sure what I think I am going to accomplish by getting a little extra sleep in 5 minute intervals, but that's beside the point I guess. It is something I'm working on.) I ran off to the bathroom. Being pregnant I'm starting to feel like I spend more time with the toliet than with people. LOL (Okay, maybe that was a little too much info...sorry). Anyway, I proceeded to get my morning cup of tea to help soothe the sore throat that I wake up everymorning with. Sinus drainage is a wonderful thing! I guess that's part of being pregnant too. Stuffy sinuses. It doesn't help that I've had two colds within the last month or so either. Thank heaven for neti pots! Since I can't take any cold medicine or anything to help clear up my nose, my little neti pot has been a life saver. It really helps to clear up my sinuses! Back to my day...I snuggled up in the big leather chair, wrapped up in my blanket and read a chapter from "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. I've been reading a chapter everyday now for about 17 days or so. I've been learning a lot about trusting God with my husband and praying like crazy for him! It's been awesome and has really helped me love my hubby more! God is so good! About the time I finished with my reading and praying for my love, the two boys I take care of M-F showed up. They are usually here between 5:15 and 5:30. Atleast they usually go to sleep or watch a movie quietly so I can continue to have a little me time. I check my email and feed my addiction to Facebook. Then it's time to shower and get dressed. After that I usually start fixing breakfast. Today was nice. We had leftover baked oatmeal. Just had to heat it up for them. Right now I'm working on making cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast. I've got to start making more breakfasts so they don't eat as much sugar cereal. Yes, I know, I could buy cereal that isn't so full of sugar, but then they won't eat it. So I figure it is just easier to make other things for them to eat. I'm not going to have Fruit Loops or Apple Jacks in my house anymore!
Continuing on...I loaded all the kiddos in the car after breakfast and everyone was dressed and teeth brushed and we took the older boy to school. Then back home with the other boy and my sweet princess. When we got home they ran off to play and I got a few things done...finished cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast, checked email again, and visited my friend in the bathroom again. Then I went and played with the kids for a bit. We played with Hannah's kitchen and made food for some of her stuffed animals. We made carrots and peas and chicken and french fries and potatoes. Yummy! Kids are so much fun to play with! Then we cleaned up our mess and pulled out some blocks and built towers as high as we could before they fell over. We did that for a good long while. Then it was time to do our weather report for the day and practice our alphabet and find out on the calendar what day it was. They are learning so much and doing really well with their letters! Hannah isn't even two yet and she knows most of the 26 letters of the alphabet! I am a proud mama! They're playing on their own now again for a little bit while I get the cinnamon rolls going. I think we'll do shaving cream play here in a few minutes and practice making letters...or atleast early writing skills. They'll have fun and never know they're learning!!!
The rest of the day we'll have lunch, story time, nap/quiet time, my little charge will go home, James will come home from school, I need to make cream puffs for Bible study (what did I get myself into!), clean up a little around the house, and whatever else needs to be done before heading out to group tonight. Then we'll spend a few hours fellowshipping with friends and studying God's word, come home and crash...hopefully getting a little bit of rest before starting all over again tomorrow!
That's pretty much what our day looks like today! Better get going and dig out the shaving cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment