Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What we've been up to...


It has been awhile since I've posted much about what we've been doing lately, so thought I would take a few minutes to sit down and catch up.

My wonderful hubby is keeping as busy as ever with all of his different jobs- officiating basketball, assigning referees for leagues, managing dances for an entertainment company, and security work. And then in February he starts work doing executive security, which he is very excited about. All that keeps him hopping most of the time, but we do get to see him a little bit here and there. There are actually a few days out of the week that he is home most of the day, and he is a big help with taking care of the girls. I've even had the chance to get out alone for a few hours once or twice in the past couple of weeks! Yesterday I got to go spend a few hours out taking pictures with my dear friend. I am hoping some of her wonderful photography skills will start rubbing off on me. *grin*
I keep busy with the girls and managing the home. That is seriously a full time job! Even once I put those monkeys to bed, the job doesn't end. One or both of them have been waking up at least once every night for the past week or so. Ugh! I thought they were supposed to sleep through the night by now! And not that I'm blaming the girls, but my morning routine has gotten off track because of all the mid-night waking. It is super hard to get out of bed by 6am and get my day going. But I am trying to slowly get back on track. Just realizing that we are in a season of our life right now that maybe we need to try something different. So for now, I am sleeping in till as late as I can and still be able to make breakfast for James, and then doing my devotions while the girls snuggle with me on the couch or play quietly before we have our breakfast. It's working for now, and I know that this too shall pass. This season won't last forever. And soon I will be back to having my quiet, alone time in the morning....maybe.
I have been able to spend more time with my camera thanks to joining the 365project and have been having lots of fun taking pictures. I also continue to work on my knitting skills and recently joined the women's Bible study at church. So, there is life other than chasing kids, cleaning and cooking...not that I mind those things at all. Because I know that whatever I do is for the Lord...this is how I can best serve my family. Spending time with them, caring and nurturing.
Well, onto the kids! James is excited because it is almost his birthday. In less than two weeks he will no longer be 10! He is having a party at the local roller skating place with 3 of his best buds. He continues to do well in school and enjoys it quite a bit. And now that football is done he is on to basketball. He couldn't play with his team that he has played with in past years because of park and rec boundaries and such, but he seems to like the team he is on even though he is the only 5th grader amongst 6th graders.
Hannah is still Hannah. She is as crazy and strong-willed as ever, but such a joy. She loves to sit and "read" library books and other books from our bookshelves. And she dances all around the house when I put on her Princess music. We are looking forward to getting her signed up for another dance class. She loves to be outside and we are so happy to have some nice sunny days to be able to play.
Ellie is growing up so fast! I can hardly believe it! She is going to be 17 months old on February 1. She runs around the house chasing after Hannah, carrying her Molly dog that she got for Christmas. (Molly dog is a stuffed animal that looks just like Grandma and Grandpa's sheltie whom she adores.) She is starting to say a few more words lately, and is learning more sign language, so she can communicate pretty well. One of her favorite things to do is watch the Signing Time videos we borrow from the library.
So, there you have it. A little glimpse into what has been going on. Nothing much exciting. Just the usual daily stuff. But each new day we wake to is a blessing and we have so much to be thankful for! We have each other and most importantly we have Jesus who we strive to live for each day!
I hope things are well with all of you! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment