Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

(January 3rd)

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful, blessed Christmas season, and that you've had a great start to the new year! We had a wonderful time with Matt's family. We spent about a day and a half with them over Christmas and had such a great time celebrating Jesus together and enjoying some relaxing family time.
I just still can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that it is 2011. Where did 2010 go? At any rate, though, it is exciting to be starting a new year. I don't really make resolutions because well, they usually go out the window after the first week or so. But I am working this week on setting some goals...realistic goals...and also just evaluating my life and how I can be more intentional...in my spiritual walk, as a wife, as a mother, and just as me! There is so much I want to accomplish but over the years I have been terrible about actually making a plan about how to actually accomplish those things.
One of the things that I have been wanting to do for years is to learn photography. It is now becoming more of a reality now that I got my new camera a few months ago. But just because I have the camera doesn't mean I am instantly going to gain all this knowledge about photography. I came across a neat website a few weeks ago about taking a picture every day for an entire year as sort of a visual journal of your year but also as a way to improve your photography skills. I thought what better way to make myself really get to know my camera than by using it everyday! So I am setting the goal of taking one picture (or more, of course) a day for the year 2011. It sounds kind of overwhelming a little bit when you think of 365 days, but......that is why I am posting on here. As a way to keep me accountable. Now you know, and all my Facebook friends know, so I will be much more likely to stick with it to have some accountability. I won't be posting every day on my blog (time with my family is more important than always being online), but I will try to post pictures at least once a week, so you can see that, indeed, I am taking a picture everyday. And if you notice that I am slacking, please don't hesistate to say something. Really. :)
So, with that I give you the first few pictures from this year. I am signing off for now to go accomplish some other things. My time limit is up for blogging tonight.
Thank you to each of you for reading my blog and thank you for keeping me accountable on this! You are awesome! Praying the rest of your first week of 2011 is blessed!

(January 2nd)

(January 1st- Happy New Year!)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment