Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The garden is planted!




Saturday and Sunday we were able to get out and get some seeds and plants for the garden. I've got everything in and still have a few squares left to put something in. I'm thinking some herbs or maybe broccoli...we'll see. I'm soooo excited!!! We've got tomatoes, 4 different kinds of chili peppers, carrots, peas, green beans, two different kinds of lettuce, spinach, chard, corn and kale. I'm also going to put in 4 bell peppers as soon as I can find some. And I'm thinking about a couple more tomato plants so we'll have enough to can some. Next to the beds I'm going to put a couple hills of zucchini and squash...they take up so much room that I didn't want them in my beds as there wouldn't be room for much else. We're also hoping to find some of those hanging growers for strawberries, and I'm considering putting in a couple blueberry bushes out front as part of the landscape. I've so got gardening fever!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment