Monday, April 13, 2009

Garden in progress!




Saturday the weather was mostly decent and we had the time to get outside and get our garden boxes built. After doing some reading in Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew, I decided we needed about 4 4x4 foot raised beds to grow what we would need for our family. I'm also hoping things grow well enough that we'll have plenty to freeze and can. We ran out of time to get dirt for the beds since Matt had to go to work, but he is taking Wednesday off so we are hoping to get it then and get stuff growing. I'm am just itching to get out there and put my hands in the soil and plant seeds and begin the journey of growing our own produce! We are trying to become as self-sufficient as one can be living in the city. As our garden and yard continues to evolve we will post updates. I love to be able to share what we are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment