Monday, February 20, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

It has been awhile since I've done a daybook entry and I must say I miss it quite a bit. So here goes...
FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It is dark and rainy.

I am thinking...about what I need to get done before hubby comes home tomorrow.

I am thankful...for wonderful friends and neighbors. I had a fun day out today getting makeovers with a friend I hadn't seen in months while my best friend/neighbor graciously watched the kids for me.

In the kitchen...everything is cleaned up for the night. Just have to put my oatmeal soaking for breakfast tomorrow. And maybe I'll sneak back in later when the kids are all asleep and have a bit of ice cream while I watch my tv show. :)

I am wearing...skinny jeans and my favorite, green, long-sleeve shirt and some gray socks.

I am creating...hoping to start knitting my first hat tonight. Fun! I am also planning on sewing a couple of pillow cases for the girls in the next day or so. My goal is to do one new knitting project and one new sewing project every month. Last month I knit a pair of wrist warmers, but didn't get to sewing. I have a few days left in this month to get to it! :)

I am going...to take the girls to the library for story time tomorrow and get some new books for the week. It is one of our favorite places to go!

I am wondering...whether or not we're going to make the jump into chicken ownership this year. I really, really want to, but have a few cons right now. We'll see.....

I am reading...numerous books on parenting from the library and "The Help". Such a great book!

I am hoping...to move to Colorado someday. I do love it there! And hubby wants to move too. Lots of praying about it.

I am looking forward to...eating some girl scout cookies with my ice cream and cuddling under a warm blanket on the couch while watching Castle. :)

I am learning...about baby chick care.

Around the house...the girls are in bed, James is getting ready for bed, there is classical music playing, and everything is picked up and put away for the night.

A favorite quote for today..."I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

One of my favorite things...Thin mints. (yes, I know, I have issues...how many times did I mention girl scout cookies in this post???)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Hubby comes home tomorrow! Library day, maybe a walk somewhere if the weather isn't too bad sometime this week, playing and learning with the girls, maybe a date night, girls day with my best friend on Saturday...and who knows what else!

A peek into my day...
Me and the girls having some fun! :)
Join in the fun! Share your daybook here.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog seems to just be so happy. I love the picture and the sweet smiles on your daughters face. God bless. We like Girl scout cookies too, just not thin mints, well not me anyway, now hubby could eat the whole box at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post and love the thin mints too. Also like the quote.

    ReplyDelete