Monday, November 14, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...
cloudy and gray. The trees still have lots of color though and some of them are so bright yellow it looks like sunshine. :)
I am thinking...
about what else needs to be done today. Mondays are always very busy.
I am thankful...
for the grocery store and being able to buy food to prepare for my family.
From the learning rooms...
this week we are learning about the letter I. Maybe we'll make some homemade ice cream and take a field trip to IKEA to do some Christmas shopping. And who knows what other fun we'll have!

In the kitchen...
I have both my crockpots going today. One with soup for dinner and the other one making yogurt. So blessed that we got two crockpots for wedding gifts!
I am wearing...
Green cargo pants, black turtleneck sweater and black striped socks
I am creating...
had fun making a baby gift this past week for my friend Theresa's baby shower. Now onto Christmas gifts. Working tonight on a scarf for my grandma. Also, need to finish up the little "mailboxes" for the fridge so we can leave each other notes.
I am going...
to pick up James from wrestling practice in a few minutes. Football is now over, so it will be good to have something else to keep him fit and active and busy so he's not moping around the house bored. :)
I am wondering...
if I'll ever get more organized in the kitchen with my cooking. Even though I plan my meals and stick to my list with shopping it seems like I always forget stuff, and get stuff that I don't really need.
I am reading...
the Bible, and Cranford
I am hoping...
to get a lot done and organized this week while hubby is out of town for work.
I am looking forward to...
Thanksgiving
I am hearing...
the girls chattering away, the washer going, and classical music.
Around the house...
some friends from church brought us a kid size table and chairs today that they got from their neighbors...for free! The girls are loving it! Now to organize the furniture just right so if fits in their room.
I am pondering...
an article I read on imperfection the other day. It was very encouraging.
One of my favorite things...
pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving with lots of whipped cream! :)
A few plans for the rest of the week:
a trip to the library tomorrow, dropping off Christmas boxes with our friend for Operation Christmas Child, lots of fun with the letter I, playdate with friends, and whatever else happens to come along.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The girls enjoying a beautiful Fall day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment