Friday, November 13, 2009

Frugal Friday

I was thinking the other day about some things that I am really passionate about and how to incorporate them into my blog writing, and one thing I came up with was my passion for being frugal and saving money. So I decided that I'm going to make Friday my day to share some frugal tip, whether it is something that we already do as a family or something new that we are going to try. And I would also love to have input from you! What do you do to save money?

Since I just posted about our trip to the nature park, I figured that would be a good place to start with my frugal tips.
Checking out your local park and rec district is a great way to get out and enjoy nature, and usually at NO COST! I know here in the Portland Metro area there are parks tucked here and there all over the place with miles of trails for walking and hiking. All you have to do is drive there.
This is not something we have done very much, but I've been trying to make a better effort to get us all out for some fresh air, exercise and time together. It is always so much fun to get out in nature and explore God's beautiful creation! And it's amazing what you can find right within the city if you just get out and go!
I know with winter upon us it will not be quite as easy to do this, especially if you live in a snowy climate, but when a nice sunny day comes along, bundle up and go exploring!



What do you like to do with your family that is no cost/low cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment