Monday, September 12, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...the sun is shining, burning off the clouds that were around this morning. Going to be around 85 for the high...perfect summer weather!

I am thinking...about all that needs to get done this week. I just picked a basket full of tomatoes this morning that need to be made into spaghetti sauce and canned. And this afternoon we picked apples at the neighbors house, so will need to do something with those. And of course there is the usual things that need to be done...laundry, cleaning, cooking, more cleaning, school time with the girls and more! There's just not enough hours in a day! :)

I am thankful...that school is going well with the girls so far, and for James in public school. He was in a split 5th/6th grade class last year for 5th grade and he got his same teacher again this year! We were so excited about that as she is a great teacher!

From the learning rooms...learning about the letter Bb this week. Woke the girls up this morning blowing little bubbles in their room, we did bubble painting for art, visited a bakery for a treat, and have been reading lots of books with bears and other B words.

In the kitchen...Hannah helped me make banana bread this afternoon (more B's!). It smells sooooo yummy!

I am wearing...my sage green skirt and a cute black top that I got at a garage sale this weekend. Hooray for good deals!

I am creating...some baby wash cloths for a friend who is having a baby soon. Also need to get cracking on Ellie's quilt since we have the bunk bed done now. (Oh, yes! I need to write a post about that!!! It turned out great! Maybe tomorrow!)

I am going...crazy! No, not really. I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Somedays it just feels like I can't keep up with things.

I am wondering...once again how these other women do all that they do in a day...someday maybe I'll learn the secret. Maybe they have super powers like not needing to sleep or something like that. :)

I am reading...still trying to get through Lark Rise to Candleford, but it's hard to find time for reading lately. Also, today started reading "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" for part of my quiet time.

I am hoping...to get our photo appointment set up for this week. I bought a Groupon last year for a photo studio out here to have a family photo shoot and get some prints, but forgot about it and now it is about to expire AND my hubby is going to be out of town the last two weeks of this month. Hopefully they'll have an opening for this week. Argh!

I am looking forward to...eating some of that banana bread. I heart banana bread!!! Our house smells so good right now!

I am hearing...the dishwasher working away, and Hannah "reading" her library books for rest time.

Around the house...laundry is almost done for today. Ellie is napping, Hannah is resting and James is doing homework. I should get busy and figure out what to do with those tomatoes.

I am pondering...I wish I had time for pondering today. :)

One of my favorite things...spending time out in the garden early in the morning. It's so beautiful and peaceful. Ahhhh............

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, start potty training Ellie????, a trip to the zoo to look at the bears, maybe a trip to the wetlands to watch some birds, and who knows what else.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The girls rolling down a grassy hill on our walk the other day. The joys of childhood!
 Hope you all have a blessed week! If you'd like to join in and share about your day please go over to Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Just want to stress to you that you are doing a wonderful thing with your girls. Don't stress about the day to day stuff. I know that sounds easy to say but your girls will be grown and gone before you know it. Then there will be lots of time for canning, cleaning, and such. Make your list for the entire week. DOn't assign certain tasks to each day but do what you can around appointments and such. Some days will be more productive than others and some not so great. That's alright. ENJOY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement, Monica! Deep down I know all that is true, sometimes I just forget to keep my focus on HIM and what really matters, and I get caught up in all the day to day busyness and chaos. I think today will be a much better day, even if nothing gets done other than spending time with my girls. Blessing to you! :)

    ReplyDelete