Monday, July 25, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

I have seen this on several of the blogs that I read and thought I would jump in with it as well. It seems like a nice way to share some details from your day to day life. Here is the link to get started if you'd like to try it too:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

For Today

Outside my window: Blue sky and clouds. Green beans climbing up the trellis in the garden. A lovely summer day.
I am thinking: About what I need to get done after I finish here before the girls wake up from naps.
I am thankful: That my hubby works so hard to provide for us so I am able to stay home with the kids. What a blessing!
In the kitchen: We are going to have upside down pizza for dinner tonight!
I am wearing: Jeans with raspberry stains and dirt from our berry picking trip this morning, and a maroon t-shirt.
I am creating: Vanilla-Raspberry Panna Cotta from the Family Fun magazine. Hopefully I can find a willing helper or two. :)
I am going: Nowhere else today. We went berry picking this morning with a friend and made a quick trip to the store.
I am wondering: What will make good snacks to have on hand for James after football practices...the season starts tonight!
I am reading: novels by Julie Klassen. They are sort of Jane Austen style books based in the Regency period in England with a Christian perspective. I have read two of the four so far. Hoping to pick up another one at the library soon.
I am hoping: That I can get up at 6 again tomorrow morning. I have gotten so much done today and most importantly had time to spend doing my devotions in quiet this morning.
I am looking forward to: Watching another episode of Larkrise to Candleford tonight and working on some knitting. I only have season two from the library until Friday so I need to finish watching the episodes this week! Love that show!
I am hearing: The washing machine and the hammering of the new neighbors fixing up their house.
Around the house: Most everything is picked up and it is so quiet when the girls are napping. I enjoy the quiet, but sometimes I can't wait for them to wake up from nap so I can hear them laugh and play together.
I am pondering: What I can do from home to bring in a little money to put towards our list of projects we want to do on our house.
One of my favorite things: Getting out and having fun with the kids, whether picking berries, going to the library, or whatever. We always have a great time!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Hopefully get together with some friends, a trip to the library, lots of time outside in the yard, and maybe a concert on Friday with the hubby.
Here is a picture for thought I am sharing:
The girls enjoying summer! This is from a couple weeks ago, but I had to share! :)

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment