Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Garden Update

broccoli and onions


cabbage and tipi for the the peas to climb once they grow


lettuce!


yummy spinach!


lettuce, spinach, and more. oh, my!


Well, it's been 4 weeks since I planted the first garden bed with lettuces and spinach and such and I'm happy to report that so far everything is growing beautifully. We have even been able to eat a little bit of spinach already. In fact, Hannah and I had some for our morning snack today. Yum! Can I just say there is nothing better than walking out into the yard and finding something good to eat? We are so blessed that we have the space to have a garden!
Since our first planting in the garden, Hannah and I have gotten a few more things started in some of the other beds. My mother-in-law shared some of her onion starts, and I got a broccoli plant to try my hand at growing broccoli. I also got a few cabbage plants to try. 9 to be exact. I know, that sounds crazy, but it wasn't really my fault. LOL They only sold the cabbage I wanted in packs of 9, so we have LOTS of cabbage growing in the garden. I sure hope it does well! We also planted a bunch of peas which hopefully will grow despite the squirrel digging around in the garden. Soon we will be planting more, and hopefully we'll be able to get our seedlings going outside too. They are still not looking too great, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with them. Just have to wait and see.
I'm just so happy that gardening season is here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment