Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quick Valentine's Project

I love Valentine's Day. I LOVE all the reds and pinks. I love making cards for loved ones. I love the reminders of love all around us. Especially the love of our precious Lord.

"For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Oh, and did I mention I love decorating? I never usually do too much holiday specific decorating though. It's not that I don't want to. It just always seems like holidays sneak up on me and I'm not prepared. I was doing a little better this year, but then we jumped into another home project the other night. (Will have a post about it soon!) Our house has been in disarray for the past few days because of it. Things are finally coming together and we're not in such a mess. I wanted to have a little something cheery to celebrate Valentine's Day with, but I didn't want to spend any money or spend too much time on anything.
So today I grabbed some branches from the yard and put them in a vase. Then I used my cricut paper cutter to cut out various sizes and colors of hearts. After I had my shapes cut I simply threaded embroidery thread through them to make loops and hung them on my branches. Voila`! A free, cute centerpiece for the table.
Afterward I had the thought to write Bible verses about love on the hearts, but don't think I'll have the time to do it this year. Maybe next year.


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment