Friday, April 16, 2010

Pizza!!!


A friend of mine gave me this recipe for a yummy pizza crust. I'd been searching for a really good crust recipe for quiet sometime, but never found anything that we all thought was really good. This one is super easy to make, and very delicious!

Pizza Crust

1 1/2 cups warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar

Mix these ingredients together in a large bowl and let sit for about 10 minutes. Then add:

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cups flour (I use a mix of spelt, whole wheat and all-purpose flour)
thyme, oregano, parsley, garlic powder to taste (We just use the oregano and garlic)

Mix together then place in a greased bowl and let rise for about 45 minutes. Flatten on a warmed pizza stone (I coat the dough and my hands with some olive oil so it doesn't stick since the dough is fairly sticky). Add sauce and toppings of your choosing. Bake at 400 degrees for around 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy!



My Pizza Sauce...how I sneak veggies in.

1 can of tomato sauce
various veggies:
carrots, red or orange peppers, red cabbage, peeled zucchini, anything that won't alter the color of the sauce much.
olive oil (I just pour a little in...anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon)
garlic powder or fresh garlic
oregano and other herbs of your choosing

Mix all ingredients together and process in a blender until smooth. Depending on how much extra stuff you add in your sauce, you should get enough sauce for 2-3 pizzas. My husband and son aren't very fond of veggies so this is a great way to make sure they are still getting veggies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment